Monday 26 October 2015

Where's the Logic?

In Math today we played a game called Pumpkin Logic. The object of the game is not to end up with the bat.  Each pair started out with a bunch of pumpkins and one bat. You take turns taking either one or two pumpkins and hope you don't end up with the bat!  Some students quickly discovered a strategy for winning the game.



 What should I do?
 Hmmmm. . .  I wonder how many I should take this time?
 Lots of thinking and planning going on in this game!


We won't tell you what we discovered.   Does it matter who goes first?  Does it make a difference how many you take to start with?  What if you change the number of players playing the game?  Does it make a difference with the number of pumpkins you start with?  Play it and see if you can find some strategies that work for you!


1 comment:

  1. I hope Aaron can show us at home how to play this game! I wonder if his siblings would figure out a strategy? ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete