Wednesday 6 February 2013

100 Days of Learning!

Today we celebrated . . . .One hundred days of learning and fun! 

In Math we shared our knowledge of ways to show 100!














We also read a story called, "100 Day Worries."  It was about a grade one girl who was worried about finding 100 things to take to school.  We made many connections about our own worries.  After reading and talking about the parts of the story, Mrs. Betts introduced us to the app "My Story.  We retold the story using this app.  Although we didn't get our stories finished Mrs. Betts thought we did an excellent job for our first try!  What do you think?












3 comments:

  1. I love that you are using the My Story app to create stories. My grade one students love to write stories with this app too. I can't tell from these pictures but did you know that there is a place to type your words too? If you don't know about it I wonder if you can find it. Ms. Lirenman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We do know about how to use the typing part. Some of us had words to go with our story but for some reason they didn't show up in the pictures.
      Some of us liked to tell our stories more than write them down. Does your class like to use both words and voices? Could you send us a picture of a story you have created?

      Delete
  2. Some of my students have put their stories on their blogs with screen shots. This story was written by my student named Sarah. http://kidblog.org/MsLirenmansClass2012/6e409637-811e-4023-8892-1fce8965cdf9/my-story/ I hope you can see it from that link. Ms. Lirenman

    ReplyDelete